How to automatically save screenshots & camera uploads to Google Drive
I’m a huge fan of Google Drive and Google Photos, and am in the process of moving all my photos over from Dropbox. One feature I miss from Dropbox is that it can capture screenshots and photos and automatically place them the cloud for you.
Thankfully, it’s super easy to configure this for Drive on a Mac as well.
Saving screenshots to Drive automatically
- Create a new folder called “Screenshots” in your Google Drive.
- Open Terminal.
Run the following commands:
defaults write com.apple.screencapture location ~/Google\ Drive/Screenshots/ killall SystemUIServer
Now screenshots will be saved to the Screenshots folder in your Google Drive, not the desktop.
Saving camera uploads to Drive automatically
- Create a new folder called “Camera Uploads” in your Google Drive.
- Connect your camera
- Open the “Image Capture” app
- Select your camera on the left
- At the bottom of the devices list on...
Continue reading →